People here fascinate me. Adrian College, in my honest opinion, was probably one of the best decisions I’ve made in a long time. It fits my personality perfectly. There’s enough people to where I dont feel awkward, but there’s few enough people to where you can become great friends with many.
I’ve been staying up late the past few nights discussing serious topics. Religion, normally. It’s fun to get started back up on theology here and there…it is making me want to start studying again. If only I had time! I think I will. I want to, I just have to get a “little” more motivation!
I wish I had more to say, but I am exhausted. Let me give a brief overview of everything that is going on with me:
- Marching band is going well. I’m excited to say that I will be playing a solo at our first football game.
- I joined both jazz bands here and I’m really excited. I figure in the beginners jazz band I will get lots of shots at leads and solo’s, but in the more “talented” jazz band…it will merely make me a better player even if I dont get all the lead parts. And to be honest? I’m completely okay with that!
- I’m starting my lessons tomorrow morning with the trumpet professor here. I’m super excited, I’ve heard all but great things about her! A fellow trumpet player yelled at me for only signing up for a 1/2 hour lesson, and he’s making me sign up for an hour instead.
- I am most likely going to join the trumpet ensemble here, which will be SWEET! Nothing better than a bunch of trumpets just JAMMIN.
- I won the euchre tournament at the college that was held about a week ago. That was fun/exciting. Right?
- I’ve made a good core of friends already that I hang out with every day. I love it, and I love them. I dont think I could have a better mix of friends. They’re all very different people, but we all get along soo well!
- I ran a mile today with one of the friends I was just mentioning tonight. That sucked. But I’m working on getting in better shape. That should be interesting….my legs feel like jello.
Basically? That’s all that is going on. I’m excited to get started on studying more apologetics and theology. I wish they had an apologetic class here at the school. You’re required to take a religious study class here as part of the gen-eds. We’ll see.