This is floating around Facebook a lot right now. I got pressured into filling it out and I finally cracked. I figured I’d share with you guys my 25 things! And while I was at it, I figured I’d tag a few of my “blogging” buddies. Let’s say…5 people?
25 Things About Me
Well, I was tagged a few times, so I figured I’d give it a shot.
1) I’m not very feminine. I burp, fart, swear, and say sexual jokes. It boils down to me not caring what others think of me.
2) I’m really a lot more cocky than I come off. I have a pretty high self confidence. Not so much due to my physical appearance…more down the line of my intelligence. I think I’m fairly smart, but not nearly as smart as I’d like to be.
3) I hate people being mad at me. I get hurt really easily, but I never show it. I pretty much aim to make others around me happy…
4) I play the trumpet. I dont know if all of you know this. I’m a huge band nerd and it’s my passion. I regret not practicing and taking lessons when I first started playing. If I’ve learned anything practice does so much more than what catches the eye.
5) I honestly would rather be a music teacher than be a veterinarian. 1) It’s not as much schooling 2: It follows my true passion…I’m scared to change my mind, because I’m scared I’m not talented enough to pursue my dreams.
6) My mom and I have a terrible relationship. I front that I hate her, but I know that deep down I really do love her. I just wish we didn’t fight so much. I wish we didn’t talk past eachother. I desire to be friends with her, but it will never happen until I move out. We misunderstand each other, and read each other wrong. The frustration is so high so consistently that we never cut one another enough slack to even try and understand where the other is coming from. It’s depressing and really makes life difficult.
7) I don’t want to graduate anymore. I’ve reached the point where I’m scared to grow up. I hate school, but I’m going to miss Mr. Jones and band and stuff. I’m really scared of failure and wasting my talent. Why did I work so hard all these years if I’m not going to aim high? I don’t get it anymore.
8: I want to find a person to settle down with soon after I graduate. Maybe I’m just dreaming.
9) I desire to know more. All the time. I desire to know God, and who he is and why I feel like he’s calling me to do more when I’m so young and ignorant about him. I dont know what it is, and I dont get it. Maybe I’m imagining things, but I really feel like there’s more out there for me
10) I hate cold weather. I hate winter. I hate Michigan. I’m moving out of here as soon as the opportunity arises (haha, that’ll be never)
11) I love sports, all of them. Yes, marching band IS a sport. My favorite sport is really close between hockey and football.
12) I really regret quitting swimming. I was pretty good, and I probably could have become great! Oh well…lessons learned…missed opportunities
13) I have alopecia areata. Ever heard of it? Some of you may have. Basically, it’s a “balding” disease. The white blood cells in my head basically “attack” the hair follicles making them not grow. So, I get random bald spots now and then. It’s really embarrassing, but I have long hair so you’d most likely never know.
15) I am so happy that John broke up with me back in October. That relationship was shit. I didn’t realize when I was with him, but he’s a complete moron. And his religion would have always been a huge issue. He really did me a blessing. And to think…he only did it because he was forced to. How sad…
16) I have three brothers and one sister. Two of my brothers and my sister are only half…but I’ve never looked at them that way…they’ve been there since I was born. So, the technicalities mean not much to me at all. It’s quite different than how siblings feel when they’re step siblings or anything like that. It’s just as if they are full. But with technicalities put in, Kyle is my only full brother.
17) I have 2 nephews (from my brother Mark and his wife, Julie) Alex (4) and Aidan (2). They’re probably the cutest kids I’ve ever met. For the most part they are well behaved and very intelligent. Alex loves to put people into submissions (he gets it from his dad) and Aidan loves music. I think I’ll probably wind up adopting Aidan as one of my own.
18: It amazes me how much I get to know my “best friends” more and more on a daily basis. Some of them I don’t think I’ll ever fully grasp. But that’s okay…I love them all!
19) I miss being close to a lot of my old church buddies. Especially the Campbel’s, Spencers and Jimmy…I’ve always adored those guys. It’s sad. And I REALLY miss PT pretty much daily. (PT was my youth pastor when I first started going to church. He died of a heart attack at the age of 45 playing basketball. Very devastating) I can’t wait to see him in heaven again. I only hope that through all of my doubts and life struggles I’ll come out in the end making him proud.
20) I play the guitar. Only a little, but enough to entertain myself when boredom kicks in. I wish I was better. It’s embarrassing when I go to family events (for my dads side) and my uncle asks me about my guitar playing and all I can say is “oh…you know…” Makes me feel like I let ’em down at times. Maybe I’ll change that in the future. But I’m just so lazy I have a hard time dedicating the time.
21) My birthday is next month, Feb. 19th. I can’t wait. Finally…an adult.
22) I don’t tell people how I feel about them enough. I wish I lived more outward and less inward. It’s something I really need to work on.
23) My public speaking skills are TERRIBLE!! It makes me sound like an idiot. I am SOO much more intelligent than how I sound when I talk. My speech pattern embarrasses me.
24) I’m an idiot. I quit drinking because of god and religion. And then I picked up smoking. Am I really *that* stupid?
25) I think I seek advice more than I should. I need to learn to think for myself.
P.S…when I got to about 21. I was really struggling on what to say!